Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

food today

I am getting more and more adventurous food wise, since my old stand by's are now a no no I am learning new ways to cook!

Today I made

Grogonzola pudding:

2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta, drained (the ricotta has to be really well drained, even squeezed out using cheese cloth, otherwise your pudding will develop a watery layer on the bottom – if this happens, though, it doesn’t actually matter because it still tastes really good.)
1/2-3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese (use more or less depending on how strong a flavor you like)
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chopped, caramelized green onion
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Preheat the oven to 350. Then mix everything in a big bowl, then poured it into a glass baking dish, which I put into a larger roasting pan, placed near the bottom of the oven added some water to the pan and baked it for about an hour until it was lightly golden brown around the edges and pulling away. If you don't drain the ricotta I am told it makes a watery mess at the bottom but I didn't have this problem!

This is NOT my recipe, if it belongs to you or you know who it belongs to please tell me and I will put a link!

I served this with

Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken

This really isn't a recipe, kinda an unrecipe hehe.

I took a bottle of spicy brown mustard and put about half of it into a bowl, then mixed with about 1/3 cup of honey(roughly equal parts), about 3 tables spoons of lime juice and a bunch of chopped garlic (my family loves garlic) then put a small quartered white onion in the cavity of a whole chicken, placed it on my roasting pan and then coated it with about 1/2 of the honey mustard mix and mush it around under the skin with my hands then bake it in the oven at 375 for about an 45 mins then I took the remaining sauce and spooned it over the chicken and let it brown (about 15 mins)

Cut and serve! it was really yummy sweet and tangy and moist!

We had some lovely fresh steamed green beans that had been dressed with some garlic and butter on the side! YUM



No comments:

Post a Comment