Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where have I been

No one reads this anyway.. it's more for me at this point.
I have been really sick, for a very very long time.
I kept getting worse, and the doctor's didn't know what was wrong.
I had migraines, stomach aches, stomach cramps, IBS like symptoms, I was constantly tired, had strange tingling in body parts for no reason, I was weak, nauseous, strange sometimes bloody stool, I bruised if you looked at me wrong, I had joint pain and I simply couldn't think or concentrate anymore.. Everything had a "cause" I had my gal bladder removed, I have reflux, I am over weight, ect.. so they had reasons but the treatments didn't help.. at all... not even a little! Also, no matter what I did (even a 500 calorie a day diet) I never lost weight.
So I started looking for causes.. there had to be more. I will be 40 this year I shouldn't feel like I am dying!

I have an autistic 8 year old.. I had been reading about that when I stumbled across a Celiac website. When I started looking at the symptoms.. All of my symptoms were on the list.. sure there were a few that were not, but the more I looked the more sense it made.

So... I started reading about what it takes to be gluten free

and reading

and reading

and I made the jump

1st I detoxed, I went on a liquid diet for a few days
then added protein
then milk
then rice
and started learning to cook again
because I felt WONDERFUL!!
It was working! finally something was working!
Then.. I got something with gluten in it (soy sauce), with in hours most of my symptoms are back I hurt all over, I want to vomit, my head hurts... I feel like I have been run over by a truck!

I have been gluten free (mostly) for about 6 weeks..

Today I have the flu hehe but still its the best flu I have had in years!
even though my ribs are sore from coughing and my head hurts, I still feel better than in years
and I am finally learning to think again, slowly the fog that my head has been in is clearing.

Slowly I am becoming me again.

Some days gluten free is hard! Especially when what I want is a grilled cheese and potato soup to chase the sick away..


No comments:

Post a Comment