Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gluten Free Cheese and Onion Bread

Ok I was craving a savory bread, I had some onion laying around and some bits of cheese that needed to be used. (As a side note my hubby who isn't gluten free likes this so much he has asked 2 more times for me to make it since last week I told him the recipe will be on my blog have at it dear)

GF Cheese and Onion bread

I changed it some

Liquid Ingredients:
  • 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup oil (I used 1/2 stick Margarine melted)
  • 1 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon milk into which 4 Tablespoons dry buttermilk has been dissolved. Heat milk such that liquid mixture will end up at room temperature. (I used 1/2 c cream, 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and the remainder milk)
Dry Ingredients:
  • 2 cups brown rice flour (I used 1cup brown rice and 1 cup white rice flour)
  • 1/2 cup potato starch flour
  • 1/2 cup tapioca flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1 cup caramelized onions cooled*
  • 3/4 cup Cheese of your choice (I used finely grated cheddar and a mild swiss like cheese)

Mix sugar and Yeast into the milk let sit.

Sift all the dry ingredients together, except yeast, and pour into the bread maker.

Pour in the milk, yeast mix.

Mix eggs and butter add that to the top.

Set the bread machine to basic and Medium.

When the machine beeps add add the onion and cheese.

Try not to eat it from the bread machine.. trust me its hot in there!

*Carmalized onions.
Thinly slice two and a half small white onions (I used a mandolin for this)
In a large frying pan melt half a stick of butter put onions in the melted butter add salt and pepper to taste.
When onions are just soft add about 2tbsp brown sugar and continue to cook until soft brown and yummy allow to cool before you add to the bread or it will cook the melt the cheese into a big lump.

This turned out awesome it was moist and tasted really tasted of Onion, but next time I want to up the cheese to 1 1/2 cups. I personally couldn't taste the cheese at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment